Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Being needed as a mom

I know my kids need me, but every once in a while I really feel it. Kate wasen't feeling so great today. She has a sinus infection and was up most of the night because she couldn't breath. So needless to say we didn't get much sleep last night so we were all running a bit slow today. We had a slow morning and then dropped Hannah off at school and on the way home Kate said to me "mommy I'm really tired, will you lay down with me and make me feel better?", that was just about the sweetest thing that kid has ever said. She wanted me to make her feel better, she does need me. As much as she fights me she really does need me - ahhhhh. It just really made me feel needed and that in the end I'm doing all the right things.

The girls and I (and Greg too) are getting really excited about Christmas that is in 1 week. I can't wait. Greg's family is coming down from NJ, Jord and Laura will be back from Croatia and Dana is flying out from CA - we're going to have a big family Christmas, heaven help me :)

No comments: