Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two good quotes from the girls - and a sick Hannah

Both of the girls have had great quotes in the past day.

Kate's was yesterday morning when she was hanging out with her dad. She was laying on her tummy with her hands on her chin when she said "you know dad, sometimes I'm a LOUD WOMEN". Greg said he laughed for several minutes just from the way she said it.

Hannah's was today. We went to Target to pick up some RX (more on that at the bottom). I told each girl they could pick something out of the $1 spot. Hannah picked out a little Hello Kitty pen. When we got to the car she was opening up the pen and noticed that the little kitty hanging off the top has a mirror on the other side and with that she said "mom this pen has a mirror so when I'm writing I can see how beautiful my hair is." It was classic.

Yesterday Hannah's eye was looking a little funny. It was very red with some yucky green stuff coming out of it - not a pretty site. I called the dr. this am and got right in. She has a great case of pink eye and also an ear infection - poor little thing. She was so big and barely complained. So now we're stuck at home for 24 hours until she can get a few drops of meds in her. But its already looking better.




1 comment:

gba_gf said...

OMG! That is SO something C would say! ("...beautiful my hair is..."). I laughed out loud when I read it, because it's just a funny thing to say!

But it made me a little sad at the same time, because our daughters have provided confirmation that all girls are born realizing they're beautiful- it's the world that undoes all that self realization.