Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bill's last night as an only pet

So with much thought and discussion we have decided to get a cat. I grew up with cats and have always wanted to have one. Greg has never had a cat nor does he want one now, but he has put aside his dislikes and has agreed to get a cat. I visited the Richmond Animal League http://www.ral.org/ last week and talked to the staff about adopting a kitten. I thought I wanted a baby kitten so she/he could get use to living with a dog. I certainly didn't want an older cat who was set in their ways and would get pissy with Bilbo, poor dog is going to have enough to worry about without a cat jumping on him. Anyway after talking with the staff they told me about this sweet little kitten who was 10 months old, her name is Stryker (which we will not be keeping) and they got her as a baby kitten. She was one of 70 kittens that they had last spring and for whatever reason she was picked over and has been at the shelter for 10 months. The staff said she is the sweetest kitten and is really surprised she is still there, at least I'm hoping that she is still there because she has been looked over and they are not selling me a line. But I have to have faith in them that they are looking after the cats best interest and mine. I'm taking the girls back to RAL tomorrow so they can meet her and see how the cat response to kids and from there we'll know if we're getting her. I've talked to Bilbo about this but I'm guessing he really hasn't understood the trauma that he is going to face tomorrow. So sleep well little Bill because tomorrow we're getting a cat.

No comments: