Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Friday, January 30, 2009

Hannah is growing up

I was talking to Hannah today in the car after school and out of curiosity I asked her if there was any boys in class that she liked - better than the others. Now this question comes about because my friends daughter Kayla (also 5) has been talking about her boyfriend. And I hadn't heard Hannah make any mention of having these kinds of attachments, so I was curiouse. And before I could even get the sentenced finished Hannah said "yes, Mac. I like him more than the other boys. But I just don't know how to tell him I love him." My jaw dropped, she is growing up so fast. And she was so cute about it. I told her to just be herself and the boys will notice. And she said "okay." And then I asked her why she likes Mac more than the other boys and she said "because he makes the best silly faces and he is funnier than the other boys" Awww, there is my kids again. I missed her for the 2.5 seconds that she was growing up and being all girly :) Watch out world - Here comes Hannah.

No comments: