Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The girls and I baked a cake - just cause. And a toy room update

The girls and I decided to bake a chocolate cake today. I have my Grandmothers make from scratch chocolate cake that is out of this world. But on this day we just decided to make a box cake. I've found that a box cake is much easier to make when the girls are helping. The cake turned out great and Hannah and Kate both frosted it and put sprinkles all over it. The girls had some after dinner tonight and said it was yummy yummy. I can't wait to have dinner so I can have a piece also - or maybe I'll just have a piece for dinner...hmmmmm.

UPDATE: The playroom has never been so clean. All week the girls worked really hard on playing with one thing and then putting it away before they started playing with something else. And at the end of every day we walked around and put away the miscellaneous stuff. We had a great system going. I would get the loose it bucket and they would walk ahead of me and put things away before I could get to it and put it in the bucket. It is working out great. Now if we can just keep it up :)


No comments: