Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new president and a barf-O-rama

Wow. Is all I can say about the election. What an amazing piece of history to be a part of. It was so fun watching the returns with Greg, for some of you that have known Greg for a while he was not aloud in the house during election nights (he was a little to passionate about the returns). But he has made large strides in his political views and we enjoyed a quiet evening watching America make history. And Hannah's first question this morning was who won??? It was fun to talk to her about the election.

In the 5 years that I've had kids we have not had on vomit episode until today. Today was the day and it was a riot. Kate was complaining this morning that her tummy didn't feel very good. I just gave her a light breakfast and a light lunch and all seemed to be fine. Until we got to chick-fil-a to play with some friends. She just kept saying how much her tummy didn't feel good. We went to the potty and she had a very nice #2 so I just thought that was why her tummy hurt and brushed it off. She went and played and then we left to go pick up Hannah from scho
ol. On the way (just about a 10min ride) Kate said she didn't feel good again and that she had to poop. I told her we would be at the school soon and to hold it, well, she burped out of her but and I think a bit more came out than she was prepared for. She just kept saying that she feels wet and wants to go potty. I kept reassuring her that we would be there quickly. We pulled into the carpool lane that was only about 6 cars deep. And then from behind me I hear the horrible sound of water and gagging. I look in the rear view mirror and she is throwing up all over herself, over and over. She looked so paniked and I couldn't do a darn thing. Finally after what seemed like forever she was done and the teacher started walking up to the car with Hannah. The look on my face and Kate's face must have said it all when the teacher saw us because she told me to pull over and she would get some paper towels. It was quite the sceen. I didn't know where to start so I decided to just take the carseat out of the car with Kate still in it. I then peeled her out of the seat and all her clothes, o yes with all the cars driving by picking up their kids. I pulled out my extra clothes and spare carseat and got everything put back together. I just piled up all the vomit clothes and seat in the back of the car and headed home. But not before I gave Kate the small white trash can that we have in the car. We drove home with her holding the trashcan under her chin - just in case. I don't think I even said Hello to Hannah before we got home - I was in such shock.

But all is well tonight. She was fine for the rest of the afternoon. Ate some rice and had a banana for dinner and off to bed she went. He're hoping it was something she ate and she wont get sick again, or anyone else in the house.

No comments: