Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cake on my face

I had one of those mom moments today. I completely blew off a little girls birthday party and didn't even know I had done it. I took Kate to her friend Dory's 3rd birthday party today. Dory was in Kate's class last year so I knew that we would be seeing allot of other kids from class at the party. We had a ton of fun, their was a clown, which Kate was not all that thrilled with but we managed. And they had a huge moon bounce that took about 20 minutes to warm up to. She was kinda clingy today - she is a funny little one. Some days she is the life of the party and some days she is the biggest crank pot - but I guess we're all like that she just shows it.

But anyway, back to my mom blunder. Another friend from Kate's class was there, Ellie, I was talking with Ellie's mom and she made mention about Ellie's birthday party. Well it didn't even dawn on me that it was last week. I thought it was tomorrow, or at least I had a birthday on my calendar for tomorrow but I started doubting myself about who's party it was since n
ow Ellie's was last weekend. And yep, I got home and looked at the calendar and totally blew off Ellie's party last weekend. I feel so bad. I know as a mom how hard it is to put together a party and how much fun you want your child to have at the party and for someone to just not show up is so hard. My heart sunk when I realized what I had done. Silly mom brain strikes again. I guess the summer has turned my once organized brain into mush. I can't wait for school to start back up just so I can have some organization to my weeks.


No comments: