Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Friday, August 29, 2008

The sun is out and I'm feeling great

The sun is out, the birds are chirping and I'm feeling great. Maybe I got a good night sleep or maybe just having the sun shine was enough but today was a much better day than yesterday. And Greg and I worked hard to make our last day of vacation full of fun.

We started the day off by climbing the largest natural sand dune on the
East coast. http://www.jockeysridgestatepark.com/
We had a blast. The girls got tons of energy out by running wild around
the sand. The weather was great with a nice breeze. Once we got to the top we could see both the sounds side of the island and the Atlantic ocean. It was quite a view. After our hike we took a nature trail through some brush and found a great climbing tree for the kids.

And after all that hiking and climbing we were hungry so we stopped at a restaurant that was highly recommended by friends. Its called the Rundown Cafe and I highly recommend it if your ever in Nags Head. It has a very eclectic menu with a Jamaican flair. They also have a large coy fish pond that you can feed. So it kept the kids busy as we finished our meal.

We also got a quick swim in the pool for our last day of vacation, it felt great after our long hot hike.

Here are the pictures of our day:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006196&l=2b580&id=1122309468

No comments: