
So I wake up on Friday morning, get out of bed and WHAM, my sciatic nerve is pinched and I'm stuck. This happens about once a year so I know what to do. I get the heating pad out, take a big dose of Motrin and I'll be good in an hour. But no, not this time, my back decided that today I was going to be in agonizing pain that wasn't going to let up. Now before kids this would have been just fine. I would have laid on a heating pad and taking some heavy pain meds that knocked me out and I wouldn't care what kinda pain I was in. But with kids thats not an option. And to top it off I was suppose to babysit my friends 2 girls for the entire day. That is a big job in its self ( 4 girls under 5), but today that was going to be impossible. So what do??? Think think think. I called a friend around the corner who also has 2 girls (under 5). We put our mom heads together and figured that the best plan would be to have all 6 girls (under 5) at her house. I can sit on the couch and be the referee and she can do the running around (potty breaks, meal making, diaper changes, etc.). The day was fun, the kids had a blast playing together and it all worked out great. The day was saved. Thank goodness for the support of other moms, I don't know what I would do without my support system of other mommies.
No comments:
Post a Comment