A day in the life of a mom. Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration. But just like I say to the kids "you get what you get and don't have a fit".
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Gum silences Kate - who knew
So for our trip to the beach I packed a bag full of things to keep the kids busy on our 4 hour drive to the beach. And one of the things I brought was gum. Now my girls have not had gum before so this was going to be a huge treat. I really had no idea how the kids would like it, but I thought it would be something to keep them busy. And for all the people who know Kate, she talks non stop. And in the car she really talks non stop. So about an hour into the trip I told Greg to pull something out of the bag to keep them busy, he pulled out the gum and the girls thought it was the best thing ever, and Kate was silent for an hour just chewing away - it was heaven. I will forever have gum with me.
We made it to the beach in record time. We had about an hour before we could pick up the key so we took a walk down a pier to the sound side to see the water. The girls really needed to get there wiggles out. And then once we got the key to the house we jumped in the pool for a quick swim. Eat some dinner and put them to bed.
Its great to be back at the beach and fun to be at the same house.
No comments:
Post a Comment