Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Science and kids does not equal patience



Grandpa Len sent the girls those great little capsule that expanded in water and have little sponge animals in them. Well I thought this would be a great - quiet - thing for the girls to do this morning. I was trying to get us packed up for the day and needed about 30 minutes to get everything together (make lunch, pool gear, extra clothes for children's museum fountains - it was a full day). So I sat the girls down at the kitchen table and handed them the bowl of water and the capsules. Hannah put one capsule in the water while Kate jumped all 10 in at once (That is their personalities to a T). I then heard for the next 10 - 15 minutes, when will something happen, nothing is happening, I don't see anything, why aren't they coming out. I had to keep stopping and telling them that they will come out when they melt in the water. To just have patience and it will happen. Patience is not something that a 3 year old and a 5 year old have much of. But then the first one hatched. You would have thought it was alive. They where screaming and cheering for this little sponge to pop out. So although I had to stop what I was doing 400 times, it was worth the thrill in their voices when they got to see all these animals hatch out of little plastic capsules.

We then headed off to the Children's museum to see live turtles, snakes and lizards. We had a pic-nic lunch at the museum and then headed to the pool for the afternoon.

Fun day had by all.

1 comment:

Greg Lyons said...

Awesome! Made me laugh at work and wish I was home :)

Keep 'em coming!