Tonight was Kate's spring concert at school. This was her first year singing at River Road. It was sooooo cute. She was very very excited about it and she did awesome. It was so fun to watch her on stage she really really loves being in front of people.
So leading up to today Kate and I were talking about what she might want to wear. I was trying to ease her into being in front of everyone since I really didn't know if she was going to do it or run off stage, it really could have gone either way. So last weekend I pulled out all the spring dresses out of the attic and filled her draws with fun pretty new (to her) clothes. And when I started talking to her about what she was going to wear she said that she wanted a "just Kate" outfit. When I asked her what she meant she said "one that Hannah hasn't worn yet". I just about fell over, she has gotten the fact that she has hand me down clothes, I thought that realization didn't happen until about 13, but no, Kate has to start at 4. So I took her out yesterday to a little store called Once Upon a Child (its a gently used kids clothing store) and she picked out her very own "just Kate" outfit. I think she was very very happy about it. I was glad to make her day. But if she tries to pull it again with the hand me down clothes, she'll be going to school in a paper bag because her draws are full of wonderful clothes, hand me downs or not.
Videos of the concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUg8xUScW-Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jbRF8i_K4
No comments:
Post a Comment