Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My new project

I've been in search of a play kitchen set for the girls. Kate loves to pretend play and she really loves to pretend to make yummy food. I love the sets they have at pottery barn but I'm just not willing to spend the money and I really didn't want a plastic kitchen, so I kept looking.

So one day I was at
a friends consignment shop and she was having a big sale because she was closing the doors due to the economy. I hadn't been to her shop in a while so I was nosing around looking for some fun stuff and back in a corner I saw a cute little hutch all alone and I thought that it would be really cute in the play room so I asked her how much it was, and she replied oh I haven't pulled the rest of it out there is a sink/stove and a refrigerator that goes with it. I just about fell over, it was perfect and I got it for a steal. It needs some fixing up and a little paint, but its in great shape. Here are the before pictures and I'll send some after pictures when I'm done. I picked out a really great apple green to paint it and I bought some new knobs. I can't wait until its done.

NOTE: I took some of the doors off before I took the pictures.


No comments: