Yes those two things go together, kinda. So today is Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday and the girls wanted to know when they are going to his birthday party. So I explained to them that for one he doesn't live near us and two he is no longer alive. Well this set Kate off, she was very upset that he died and she wanted to know who she could tell that she loved him very much, so I told her that we could make a card for him and send it to his family (not really sure where to send it but it worked to calm her down.) And Hannah just wanted to know why he died and oh yeah mom, who is Martin Luther King??? So I dug deep and recalled my high school history lesson and gave them what I thought was a really good down to their level description of the wonderful things Martin Luther King did for our country. I was pretty proud of myself and I think they learned a few things. Hannah took all the info in and asked a few more questions, but Kate started back in with the death and dieing and how much she loved him and didn't want him dead. And from there I'm not really sure how reincarnation came in but we started talking about how some people (me included just to let you know) believe that people and animals come back in other forms. And that maybe Kate was so upset about Dr. King because she had some deep connection to him in a past life (yeah I know I'm getting deep with the kids but they really enjoyed thinking about this). Hannah took to this theory quickly and liked the idea of people and animals coming back as other things. She quickly talked about our neighbors dog and wondered what he came back as - very sweet. But Kate did not like this idea at all, she would have non of it and was very upset that Dr. King died, such my sensitive souls.
No comments:
Post a Comment