Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What an amazing day to be an American

This post will be short and sweet because I have a headache the size of Texas. But I just wanted to make a short post about what an honor it is to be an American today. Watching the ceremony of the inauguration today was just amazing. Whether you voted for Obama or not it is still a historic point in our lives. Hannah watched the swearing in with me and I was impressed that she new the name of our old president and the new one. And then she asked all kinds of questions like how long will he have the job and how long did President Bush have the job. She enjoyed watching President Bush fly away in the helicopter and watching all the American flags flying. Its always fun to see the world through a kids eyes.

Kate was running around the house as normal. She would stop when she heard singing or cheering and then was off and running again.

I'm off to take some heavy dose of Tylenol and go to bed.

No comments: