Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The secret places of Richmond

Whenever Greg takes the girls out of the house on the weekends he always finds great spots to take them. And unlike me he leaves the house with no plans and just wings it, but somehow he always finds these great little secret places. And the girls where very excited today when we went out as a family to see these great places. Our first stop was the flood wall down town. Richmond put up a flood was many years ago to make sure the bottom (an area of Richmond with shops and restaurants) does not flood again, although it has but it wasn't from the River it was from a drain pipe back up, but that is another story. The girls loved showing me all the sites of downtown and I played along with them and acted like I had never seen the city before - it was so fun. Our next stop was the Reedy Creek entrance off River Rd. Its known for its bike paths, dog walking and running kids around :) We walked to the James River and had a ton of fun throwing rocks into the water. Greg even showed the girls how to skip stones on the water - cool moment. We then headed home for some well needed down time. It was a fun day. And tomorrow the girls are back in school - yippee! I've had a great winter break with them but I am sooo ready to get back to a normal routine.

Pictures from out adventures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013459&l=c9451&id=1122309468

No comments: