Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MOMS club meeting, birthday gifts, lunch with uncle & Lala and a fire house - all in one day

Another big day for me and the girls. I had a MOMS club meeting this morning at Burger King, the girls played on the very large indoor play area while I did my meeting thing. We then headed home to have lunch with Uncle and Lala. Jordan and Laura are heading to Croatia for 3 months, we're going to miss them so much. I hope they have a wonderful time and we can't wait to see the postcards.

After lunch, Jord and Laura came back to the house and we opened many many birthday gifts for Hannah. Jord, Laura, Grandpa Len and Joyce went way over board. And the kids loved everything. I don't think I could name a favorite toy, they played with them all over and over again.

So after a busy lunch and lots of gifts we headed to Firehouse #13 for a tour. My MOMS club set up a tour of the firehouse and for the kids to meet the firefighters. It was great for the kids to meet the guys in person and see the equipment and trucks up close. And Kate brought the firefighters beef jerky (thats what she picked out for them at Target). The guys where very touched and the tour was great.

We then came home and crashed. Busy day had by all. Oh and Hannah played hooky from school so we could pack all this fun in. She was very happy she got to see Uncle and Lala before they left.


No comments: