I started the day off with making breakfast for the girls while also packing 3 lunches, two snacks for school, Hannah's napping blanket for quiet time at school, my gym bag, Kate's gym bag with another snack, my laptop, got directions over the phone to pick up my CPAP machine, made sure we did hair, face, shoes and potty and got out the door all in 30 min. And I didn't forget a thing. GO MOM.
Our day was hecktick to say the least. I dropped Hannah and Kate off at school at 9a this morning. Hannah will be staying all day on Fridays so she needs to have her quiet time blanket, her lunch and then her school bag with snack for Pre-K class. Hannah did great on drop off and was playing before I had even left the room.
Today was Kate's first day and she did great. I gave her big hugs and kisses at the door and the teacher had her busy with where to put her bag and before she knew it she was distracted and I was gone - no tears!
I then had to drive about 20 miles north of town to make a 930a meeting with the nurse to get my CPAP machine. I'm now the proud new owner of a CPAP that I can't wait to take for a spin tonight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPAP
So after the meeting it was about 1030a. I stopped by walmart to pick up some stuff, including water and batteries just in case this storm hits us harder than expected.
Than off to pick up Kate from school. She was happy and talked about all th
e great fun she had. We got into the car and we eat our lunch in the car while we d
rove to Saxon shoes to buy her new school shoes. She ate and talked and I eat, drove and listened. We bought two pairs of cute shoes. Little white keds and these really cute blue and green merrells - that she can run very fast in.Hannah will be getting new shoes on Monday - stay tuned.
We then drove across town to the gym so I could get a quick work out in. Kate hung out in the kid zone and played while mom did a fast 30min on the treadmill. We then went to Loews to buy some sand so we could reroute some water away from our driveway when the storm hits us this weekend. We're suppose to get allot of rain and we have a drainage problem in the backyard. We're hoping if we can redirect some of the water it might help. Keep your fingers crossed.
So now its 3p and I haven't stopped moving all day. Kate and I head back over to school to pick up Hannah and then head home. We have some nice quiet time at home, eat some dinner, and put the girls to bed. Kate went down a bit hard today, heck she has been for the past few days. I think the family as a whole has had a hard week. We need to do some regrouping this weekend and have some quality family time. I think some needs are not being met and the family (well Kate) is lashing out.
I'll report over the weekend how some one on one time with the girls goes and how they respond. I think we just need to focus on them this weekend, play some board games and have some quality family time - it can never hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment