Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The eve of Hannah's birthday

So 5 years ago today I was awaiting the arrival of our first child. We knew it was going to be a girl and we had already named her Hannah Rose. What we didn't know was what day she was going to arrive. Sure we had a rough guess, but you just never know when these little things are going to make their entrance.

All was well on this day 5 years ago, but once I went to bed I just didn't feel right. And at 2a the contractions started. And just about 8 hours later our sweet little Hannah arrived on September 18th, 2003 at 1121a.

I'll always remember the day before her arrival because I just kept wondering when and then before I knew it she was here. Oh and hurricane Isabelle also arrived on Sept. 18th 2003, knocking out power and water for 16 days and fo
rced us to flee to northern NJ with a new born baby. But beyond all that our lives changed forever when our little Hannah arrived.

So for some reason I become very sentimental on the eve of my kids birthdays. And this year is no different.

But what I can't wait for is Hannah's face in the morning when she comes downstairs and sees her birthday present waiting for her - a new big girl bike. I'll take lots of pictures tomorrow morning and share all the fun birthday celebrations with you tomorrow - my big girl is turning 5.


No comments: