Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The chicken costume saves the day

The girls and I had a busy day today. The teachers had a work day today so school was closed. But that didn't stop us from having some fun.

We started the day off with a MOMS club meeting. We have them every month just to get everyone together, see if anyone has any good ideas for the calendar and today we had a financial planner come talk to the group. So it was fun. We also did our annual Halloween costume exchange. So I brought my bucket of costumes from the past 5 years and loaned out a few for kids to wear this year.

And after the meeting I had planned a picnic lunch and play time at the park. I had prepared for the entire day, snacks, lunch and anything else we might need because we had a busy day and wouldn't be able to get home until later in the day.

So we pull up to the park and the girls run wild for about 5 minutes when Hannah comes over to me and says that Kate peed in her pants. I drop my head because I know that I did not bring a change of clothes with me today, why I don't know, but I will from now on just in case. So, as I walk over to Kate I calculate how much time it will take us to drive home and then get back to the park or even have time for story time at the library which was next on our agenda for the day. So I tell Kate that not only do we have to leave but we have to go home and wont have any time to come back to the park, nor do I think we'll have time to get to the library. At this point Hannah started to cry because she didn't want to leave, and well, I wanted to cry also because I didn't want to leave either. So I collected myself and walked Kate to the car to see what we might have that I can put her in so we could stay and play and eat our lunch. And when I opened the back of the car - there it was - the Halloween costume box I had taken to the meeting. Its perfect I'll put her in the chicken costume that Hannah wore a few years ago. And so I did, and we stayed and played and then yes we went to the library for story time and we did it all in the chicken costume. It turned out to be a great day because of that chicken costume.

No comments: