Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Monday, October 27, 2008

Damnit and chocolate muffins

As we all know by now Mondays are my favorite days, but not today. Kate was sick and stayed home today so I didn't get my normal 1 kid down time this morning. But that was fine, we just did allot of TV and hung out. Kate over all feels well she just has that cough that wont go away and the boogies started over the weekend so I thought it might be best to keep her home.

But Hannah went off to school this afternoon so it gave Kate and I some more quiet time. And then at 330p on the nose we picked Hannah up from school. It was a dreary rainy day and on our way home we hit some traffic because of
a small accident. As we slowed down I heard Hannah from the back seat say "DAMNIT" and then some other words followed that I didn't hear because I was stuck on the word damnit. She said it with such force and I guess she was referring to the traffic, I didn't really ask I just calmly said to her that the word damnit was not a nice word and that she can use darn it instead. And by this time Kate was saying damnit over and over to see if I would say anything to her - awww kids what fun. Hannah said that the boys from school say damnit and I just told her that is up to the teacher and to the other parents but in our house we don't use that word - argh I just hope I don't accidentally say it in the next week. Oh the joys, I wonder what word she'll pick up next.

The girls and I made chocolate chip muffins today. Just something fu
n to do on a rainy cold day.

No comments: