Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

In memory of mom 10/22/04

4 years ago today my mom died. It was a very hard time in my life when she passed. We had just started to form our relationship back after not speaking for 2 years. We were having such a great time keeping busy with my pregnancy with Hannah and she was so excited to become a grandma. And she was a great grandma. Hannah had her for a year and it was a wonderful year for all of us. She took to the Grandmother role quickly and enjoyed every minute of it. And then just before she died we found out I was pregnant with Kate and she was so excited to have another grand baby on the way. I was 8 weeks along with Kate when she passed. So needless to say it was a very hard time for me. I still miss her every day and wish she could be here to see the girls growing and becoming such wonderful little people.

So in m
emory of mom today I bought 2 raffle tickets at my gym, all sales go to the American Heart Association and the grand prize for the raffle is a 1 year membership - so that would be nice to have. It felt good to write on the heart in memory of my mom. I also took Kate to the cemetery for a pic nic and just enjoy the day. Its cold out but it a very crisp cool fall day. And the view from the cemetery is always a great back drop for a pic nic. Kate had a great time and we chit chatted about Grandma Sue. She is just starting to ask simple questions about why she died and where she is, its fun to talk to her about my mom.

I also took a short video of the cemetery, so you can feel like your there today. Oh and we left a tomato for mom, I think she would be proud that I was able to grow anything. And she would have loved my fried green tomatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHP-shrtINc

No comments: