A friend of mine set up a tour of an organic farm today. Unfortunately Kate was in school this morning so she didn't get to come with us but Hannah and I ventured out into the country and had a blast. If I had thought about it more it would have been a great experience for Kate also, but I didn't think about it in time. When I book things I look at my calendar and see which kid I'll have or if I'll have both or none and I just go with it. If one kid is in school than I do something with the other one. Its actually really nice to have that one on one time.Anyway, my friend booked this great tour of Brookview farms http://www.brookviewfarm.com/Home.html Brookview is an organic farm about 20miles from our house. It was an awesome adventure and even better than I had thought it would be. I just figured we'd go to a farm see a few things and head home. But it was so much better than that. We got to feed apples to the cows, see the very large pigs they just bought from the state fair and take a hayride out to the free range chicken coups. I know I know your saying free range chickens shouldn't be in coups, but these coups where to keep them safe. They're was five or so coups in this huge field (over 300 chickens) and every day they go out and move the coups about 30 feet or so. So every day the chickens have fresh grass and bugs to feast on and all their droppings fertilize the ground, it was very cool to see. And Hannah got to collect some eggs from the coups or "chicken condos" as they call them. I took a bunch of pictures for you to see, you can also see what a gorgeous day we had. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008405&l=5e594&id=1122309468
So after all of our farm fun it was time for Hannah to go to school and for me to pick up Kate. Mondays are so funny because I just trade kids with the school. Kate and I had a fun afternoon of going to lunch with friends and just hanging out. She was so sweet today, just a ton of fun. From the moment she woke up this morning I could tell it was going to be a good day. She had a smile on her face and was chipper, we don't always get that with Kate. So I took full advantage of the chipperness today and hung out with her and played.
And then after we picked Hannah up we went and got hair cuts. We have a photo shoot on Wednesday for Christmas pictures, I can't wait. G. Joyce got them these cute little dresses and I just bought them some black patten leather shoes (their first pair). I hope we have a fun day and Kate wakes up as chipper on Wednesday as she did today. Cross your fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment