Hannah Kate and Me

A day in the life of a mom.
Some days are full of fun, some are full of frustration.
But just like I say to the kids
"you get what you get and don't have a fit".

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yard work, a play date with Allie and grocery shopping

From the title you can probably guess what we did today. Greg finished the aerating seeding today so we should have new grass sprouting soon. Or as Hannah said today it looks like 100 Jack Russells went poop in the yard (with all the aerating plugs laying around). Kinda a funny visual. But nothing like waiting until the last minute to get all the yard stuff done, thank goodness the weather has been nice for our new grasslings.

While dad was working hard in the yard the girls had a fun play date with Allie. Allie will be 6 at the end of the month, I have no idea where the time went. I remember the day Matt and Elizabeth brought Allie home, she was such a tiny peanut. The years are flying by way to quick. So now we have a 3, 5 and 6 year old between us. This makes for allot of screaming and screeching, but also allot of fun. The girls always have so much fun playing and it really helps the sister dynamic when another kid is around. It also kept them busy and out of mom and dads hair for alittle while so we could get stuff done.

And on the coupon front: First thing this morning Hannah and I went down to CVS to pick up the Sunday paper for all the coupons. She rode her new bike and I walk with her, we had a great time and she had fun riding all the way down to CVS. It was her first big bike ride.

I then spent the next 2 hours clipping coupons and reading all the grocery store adds. I put my menu together and my shopping list and off I went. I also did something alittle different this time, I decided to do a menu and shopping list for 2 weeks. To see how it would be. We usually do the grocery shopping every weekend and it just takes up so much time. So I got organized and laid out a plan for 2 weeks. I did pretty good, and better than that I only spent 200.00 for 2 weeks. That is a savings of over 100.00 (we usually spend about 150.00 - 200.00 every week). So I couldn't be happier with my work. Its nice to see a quick payoff for hard work.

And tomorrow is Monday, can it get any better???!!! :)

No comments: